Thursday, June 18, 2009

Experiences.....

This past week has been one of those weeks that makes you sit back and think....
I found out early in the week that one of my friends from High School had passed away & that her funeral would be on Wednesday. So one of my dear friends and I dropped off our kids at babysitters and went together to the funeral.
It was nice to be able to have some alone time with my friend, to talk about life and how blessed we are to be here. Our friend had struggled for many years with a number of things in life. It is amazing to think back on the experiences that all 3 of us had back in our youth and how each one of us had delt with them.
I am so very greatful for the progress that I have made in my life and for the wonderful people that have helped me, to get me to where I am today!!! I have been so blessed with a family that has never given up on me. In my youth my parents tried so hard and I am so greatful that they did.
I was given such an emormous gift just over 5 yrs ago, when I met my dear sweet husband. He was such a strength to me in a time in my life that was one of the hardest struggles that I've had to face. If it weren't for him staying by my side and for the love that he had me, I know for a fact that I would not be here today!!!
The funeral was very touching and very enlightening. The spirit was very strong and I know that my friend is in a better place and that her struggles are over. May God bless her family in there time of grief....

I know that our Savor, Jesus Christ lives and that he died for me on that cross so many years ago. And I am for ever indebted to him for the sacrifice he made for me, so I would have the opportunity to become perfect and live for Forever in his Love!!!

2 comments:

Trynda said...

Nik, I love you. I'm glad we were able to go to the funeral together. BTW I have a picture of you, Liz, and Casey, that Jeff found from his "missionary shower" you guys gave him. I will email it to you.

Vicki said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss, may you know you are in our prayers. How are things with you and your little one?