Monday, May 25, 2009

Time to play Catch Up!!!

WOW!!! I guess I've been a big slacker, since it's been 2 months since I blogged last. I can't believe how time gets away from ya.
So much has happened. I guess I'll just start back in April. (sorry no pics)
Kanton turned 3 on the 2nd of April and we took him to the Train museum in Ogden. Oh my goodness, did that boy have a blast!! For those of you that don't know, Kanton is a Train freak!!! He has so many trains and talks about trains all the time, and of course lines everything up like its a train. So we knew that would be something he would love.
Next, Kanton started Pre- School on the 14th of April. That was sure a fun experience. His first day was hard. Presonally I think it was harder for me than it was for him, Silly mommy. He went Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. He has done really well with the speach therapy, his colors, ABC's and 123's. Now when ever we drive past a school he says to me "Momma, thats my school?" His last day was this past Wednesday, and he'll start up again in the fall. I'm looking forward to getting him going again, so he can continue to make the awsome progress that he has started!! Kanton is talking so much now, it's hard to imagine that just a little over a year ago, he only had just a hand full of words. Now it's so crazy, sometimes we can't get him to stop talking. But I am so very greatful that he does talk. Most of the kids in his pre-school didn't have any words and if they did it was really hard to understand them.
We have been tremendiously blessed with the progress he has and continues to make. He still has his struggles, but we're working on them. I goal for him is that hopefully by the time he is to start Kindergarten, that he won't have any delays and that he'll be able to handle being in a normal school setting and that the Doctors will be able to take away his Autism diagonses. That is our goal, and of course right now OUR DREAM!!!!

As for Rob and I, we have done so much in our yard this year. We planted a small garden this past week and are so proud of it. We hope it will do well. We're sure looking forward to eating from it.
We are hopeing that we'll be able to do some traveling this summer, to go up to Idaho to see my sister and her family, possible Wyoming to see my other sister and her family and then to Cedar City to see all of Robs family. If we play our cards right, we just might be able to work it out.
So we hope to see all you family member soon....

1 comment:

The Circus said...

I love you lady! Thinking of you!