Friday, July 24, 2009

July is Crusin'....

Well here we are, already the 24th. Where does the time go?
This month has been a little like a roller coaster ride. At the beginning of the month my Nephew, Jaxon, came and spent the week with us. We had a blast. Of course Kanton loved having someone around all the time to hang out with. We did things like: swimming, shopping (for toys of course), rent movies, go out to eat and of course stay up way too late. After the first night Jaxon decided he wanted to sleep with Kanton in his bed. The boys both loved that!!!

Kanton had his MRI on the 15th and of course that was a little nerve racking, as you can tell from my last blog.
Kanton was such a trooper!!! It was hard for them to get his IV in, but once they did, he did awsome.
I am so very greatful for the small things that we've had to go through with Kanton. I cant imagine what it's like for those families out there with kids that have major issues. May God Bless them!!!
We actually got his results the very next day! I really like this Opthamologist!!! If anybody needs one his name is Dr. David Petersen. He called me and told me that all the development looks normal compared to his last MRI, he had one when he was 3 mo. old. So that the problem was not neurological, which is a very good thing!! He told me to keep patching his eye for about 3 hrs. a day and at our follow up next month we will have to talk about surgery. I'm relieved to know that its not neurological and that it can be fixed, but its still hard to hear that he needs surgery. I just keep telling myself that I am very lucky that they have the technology now days to be able to fix these issues. So we'll see what happens next month at the follow up...
I love you Kanton!!

The 4th and the 24th celebrations have been so fun for us this year. Kanton was still a little young last year to really enjoy what was going on, so it's been tons of fun watching Kanton get so excited when we tell him we're going to see fireworks.
I've been pretty surprised that the loud noises haven't bothered him much, I think he's finally starting to cope with things better than he use to.

This morning we took Kanton to the 'Days of 47 Parade'. Robs brother Mark came down from Cedar City and met us there, were so glad he could be there with us. Kanton had a hard time with all the bands, he covered his ears a lot, but other than that he did great.
We were lucky enough to be able to sit in the shade (thank you Mark) the whole time, so it was actually not too hot.
There were a couple floats with trains on them and of course you know Kanton, he's our train man, he was so excited to see them. I think those floats alone made the whole adventure to the parade worth while for him!!!

As for Rob and I we are celebrating our "5" year anniversary on the 30th. Some times it seems like there is no way it can be 5 years already, but other times it feels like we've been together forever, cause of all the things we've been through.
But I just wanted to let my dear sweet husband know, publically, how much I LOVE HIM!!! There is nobody I could imagine being with on this Journey through life with than him.
I look forward to many, many more years together and hopefully there are more ups than downs!!!
I love you Rob.

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

So glad ya'll have been having fun, learning new things and putting fears to rest. Life is an incredible journey - that's for sure - and to have someone special to share it with makes it even better! Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!