Friday, March 12, 2010

EVENTFUL WEEKS....

So can I just tell you, we have had a pretty eventful last 3 to 4 weeks at our house!!!!
It all started with me having some interesting female issues. So after going to the hospital and an interesting byopsy done to see if I had endometrail cancer. (so painful!!) We waited for a week to find out if I had the dreaded "C" word...
I'll just tell you, that was one of the longest and most emotional weeks of my life!!! I have never prayed so much... The following Tuesday the Dr. called and our prayers had been answered, He told me it all looked good; NO CANCER!!!
Now Im just playing the waiting game. I need to have more tests done, but have to wait for a bit to do those.
Later that same week that I found out all was ok, Kanton came down with a pretty yucky cold. So he was home from school for the whole next week.
He started to improve the end of last week, so I sent him to school on Thursday.
Friday (a week ago today) we had a trip to Cedar City planned. (Thats were Robs family is) Kanton was acting funny. Just laying around, he'd throw up when he would cough, we thought it was just cause of the phlem moving around from his cold.
Well, we go to Cedar and for the next few days Kanton just got worse!! Sleeping all the time, throwing up, burning up with a fever!!
So Sunday when we came home we went straight to the urgent care. They told us he had a doulble ear infection and mild bronchitis. They sent us home with an antibiotic and an inhaler.
After giving him both meds, he fell asleep around 10:30 p.m. Around 11:30 he woke up and couldnt breath, AT ALL!!!
I was SO SCARED!! As a mother, i will never forget the look on Kantons face. He looked at me with the fear of " mama, help me"!!!
So needless to say I woke up Rob and we rushed Kanton to the ER.
After being there for about 4 hours and a chest x-ray, they decided Kanton had a Bactirial Pneumonia. Very scary!!
So they admitted him and we were they at the hospital for a couple days, recieving major doses of IV antibitotics.
They released him Tuesday night. Hes made big improvments and is getting somewhat back to himself.
We had a follow up with his Dr. yesterday and all seems to be on the mend. We will see her again in 2 weeks.
So there you have it!!! I bet you all wish you could have such eventful weeks like that....
Im almost afraid to say that I think all is starting to mellow out... Keep your fingers crossed and of course say a little pray for our Family.

We love you all so dearly!! And we thank all of you family and friends that have shown your love and concern on our behalf.
May you all be well and happy....

3 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Sheesh! Never a dull moment with the Miller's! Glad things are looking up. You are an amazing mama.

Jenn said...

I am so glad everything is okay for you. And it sounds awful to ever have to experience something so terrifying with your children. But nonetheless, I am glad to hear Kanton is on the mend. You guys keep on the mend, you will be in my prayers for a good outlook on everything.

Marilee Belnap said...

When it rains it pours! I hope the next few weeks are more in your favor. Keep your head up!
I miss you!